I’m sorry to report that after two consecutive thefts of my van and all of my tools I have decided to close my fence and gate business and resume my tech career.
You can read all about what happened, but it is a painful story.
Thank you to all of my clients who have supported me through the years. I met so many wonderful people. It was one of the best parts of running my own business.
Redwood Fence Projects
- Post Replacement and general fence repairs
- Replace chainlink fence with a redwood fence
- New fence using existing concrete post bases
- Short fence sections to close off back yard
- I use only construction heartwood (all pink) for maximum durability
- Lowest carbon footprint projects (most projects are carbon-negative)
- Garbage, Recycling and Composting bin enclosures
Different Fence Styles and Options
- Good neighbor – looks the same on both sides
- One sided, aka “least cost”, where one side can see the 2x4s and posts
- Welded wire on steel posts, with or without a privacy screen
- Hog wire or Cattle fence with redwood frames
- Hiller-Highland style fences with battens and toppers
- Craftsman style fences where fasteners are mostly hidden
- Premade lattice installation and custom sized lattices
- Gentle sloping fences either angle topped or stair stepped
- With or without a pressure treated retaining wall (up to 12”)
Beginning in 2023 I have a Price List you can use for common projects. I will always visit you to discuss your project. I can point out any special aspects of your project and raise different options for your consideration. I always make you a formal, written offer even for work with prices. Those offers are good for six months.
For other projects I make estimates (not bids). I try to make them clear and comprehensive, but they are still just estimates made before some of the details of the work are even knowable.
The best way to reach me is via email at:
You can also be able to reach me for text messages and phone calls at:
This website is at:
This page is at:
Here is a video that shows a good neighbor gate in the above fence: